Tuesday 26 January 2021

Technique Tuesday - a look at Nelsons

 Whilst we are stuck in lockdown, I thought I'd share some old technique videos here on the Blog and this video looks at the range of Nelsons from quarter, half, three quarter and full nelson. They are a great way of turning your opponent and the three quarter nelson flows into a nice submission and of course you can finish them with the full nelson.

They were taught to me by my Traditional Jiu Jitsu instructor Trevor Roberts way back in the nineties and I've been using them ever since.

It's not IBJFF legal, but it's allowed in my gym!

They all work with and without the Gi and can catch a lot of people out who purely train BJJ and have never crossed trained any other grappling styles.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQKbNkcEhk&t=4s





No comments: