Sunday 12 December 2021

Tilly Hunt Charity Seminar

Had a brilliant day out yesterday at West Midlands Aikido HQ in Walsall, helping raise money for two worthy causes, who have been very supportive to young Tilly, as she underwent aggressive chemotherapy earlier this year to treat a brain tumour.

For me, it was back on with a white belt, as I did three sessions of Aikido with instructors Jason Hunt, Tilly's dad, Pete Bates and Richard Power. My training partner for most of the sessions was Nick Ronin, an Aikido black belt, with wrists and forearms of steel, as are all Aikido black belts. 

He put me through the mill, twisting me up, locking me up and getting me on my toes and in return made me look like a black belt rolling at the right time. Thanks mate :)

My good friend Lucci Del Gaudio shared the mats and showed some Combat Jiu Jitsu and I ended the day with some Jiu Jitsu, Northern Monkey style.

We had a raffle at the end and I won a HUGE bag of sweet and at the end of the day we raised a grand total of £555, to be split between two charities, PASIC and Young Lives vs Cancer.













No comments: