Tuesday 16 July 2019

New members at Wimbledon BJJ...

Last night I welcomed two new members to the team at Wimbledon BJJ...

Simon on the left of the photo is an amputee and is on his second class, as I missed his first one as I was on holiday, so last night was my first class with him and we've already adapted the techniques for him and is working on a grip/underhook combo from the closed guard.

Ali on the right is profoundly deaf and last night was his first class, which he really enjoyed; Ali works for MMARAP with my good friend Jonny Buffong, who I also work with, so it's really great to have Ali on the team and between the three of us, we can help promote the outstanding work that Jonny and everyone at MMARAP does in and around London, helping make martial arts more accessible to people of all abilities.

It was an honour and a privilege to have these two fine young gentlemen share the mats with the rest of the team and it now challenges me to really show how Jiu Jitsu can transform theirs and others lives and show that there are no limits on what you can achieve in life...

With Simon and Ali last night...

No comments: