Monday 28 February 2011

Hereford Open 6!

Rounded off the weekend with a day out in Hereford on Sunday, refereeing at the white belt only competition, organised by my good friend Dave Coles. After the seminar in Leicester, Lee and myself drove back to Jim Mc Sherry's and after feasting on pasta bake and chocolate, we hit the sack for a well earned early night, in readiment for the comp the next day.

Drove down to Hereford in the morning and when we got there, the hall was filled with white belts junior and senior, male and female, all ready to do battle on the tatami; I started off refereeing the junior brackets and I have to say I was very impressed by the standard of all the young competitors, if only I had BJJ when I was 7 years old!


Big congrats to Tony Riley, who fought valiantly in the repercharge for the bronze medal, well earned against some stiff competition; massive congrats to Lee Gilmore in his second competition with only four months training under his belt. Fought two tough matches against two tough guys and did everything but win the matches, losing by a one point margin in both matches, making them look average players. In time we'll be seeing more of Lee on the winners podium, you read it here first!

Shouts out to Dave Coles, Simon Small, Pat Baker, Jim mc Sherry, Brad Stewart, Stacey Davies and my lovely sponsors Gareth and Lee mwah!

Look forward to the coloured belts competition in March!




No comments: