Monday 3 July 2023

Festival of Martial Arts!

 Had a great time teaching at the very first Festival of Martial Arts at the weekend, teaching Catch to a very enthusiastic group of martial artists; my partner in crime Craig Lawson was also there as my uke and he also delivered a talk on the use of reasonable force and has it applies to martial arts training.

Had the honour of sharing the mat with Adrian Valman on my slot and great to finally meet Gavin Davies in the flesh, as well as having Leo Brunsden and Carys Bradfield back on the mats too.

One of the guys on my mats messaged me earlier today saying he used the quarter nelson I taught on one of his team mates during his Open Mat session yesterday, which has cheered me up no end :)

Huge thanks to Matt Stait and Lucci Del Gaudio for having the vision to pull this one of a kind event off and for getting so many martial artists together across the weekend, look forward to many more! 







No comments: