Saturday 27 March 2010

Never Tap 2 No Gi Event





Had a great day today, won one and lost one; pulled off the old school scissor sweep in both fights, together with a good old hip throw in the second fight and a guard pass I've been teaching for the last few months in class, together with omoplata attacks and a Brabo choke that wa shalf on half off. The fights were all 3x3 minutes, a real test in the heat and I am pleased to say I never felt tired in both matches. Cardio's been a real hindrance of mine and I think the Thai training gave me a much needed boost and I really suited the hot weather to compete in.

Highlight of my day was getting complimented from Phil Baroni, who reffed my second fight, as well as Boku.

All fights will be on YT in a few days and one of the other photographers took some good pix of me in action too, all will be posted on here in due course.

No comments: