Thursday 27 January 2011

Judo night!!

Had the first Judo class at the club last night under the tutelage of Dan grade George Launders; all the lads and myself had a great time getting to grips (no pun intended) with the basics of Judo and all the moves came back to me after being out of Judo practice since 2005, where I achieved the heady heights of top blue grade.



With a regular class at the club and access to George and his club, my aim this year is to get back on the road to black belt in Judo, as well as encouraging my students to do the same. Judo and BJJ are a match made in heaven and we now have an excellent coach on board to help polish up our throws and takedowns, as well as continued BJJ coaching, so watch out on the competition circuit, air miles are on their way!

No comments: