Monday 23 April 2012

Medal haul @ the Manchester Open!

Had a great day reffing and competing at the Manchester Open, organised by Gus Oliveira at the weekend; nineteen students competed in all belt divisions and I'm pleased to announce that we won three gold, three silver and six bronze medals on the day, a fantastic achievement.
With the brown belt competitors
Combat Base black belt Ryan Hunter fought against my good friend Scott Pickering and won his match on points, a video of the fight will be uploaded soon and I will post it on here, as I was in my first match when they were fighting.
With Sam van Bellingam
The BJJ community is a very small world and I was happy to meet up with two guys I was training with in Rio in 2010; Belgian blue belt Sam van Bellingam flew in to the UK and competed at the event and Lee Wright, who travelled up from Portsmouth and both guys came away with medals, so well done guys :)
With some of my students
Showing off the bling
Huge thanks to Gus Oliviera for organising the event and keeping us fed and watered with pizza and cold drinks, as well as letting me referee on the day, I had a great time and look forward to more reffing duties throughout the year.

www.grabandpull.co.uk

No comments: