Tuesday 10 June 2014

Lasso guard submissions video!

Check out this cool video from good friend Moroccan black belt Hicham Hakam; full marks if you're fluent in French, don't let the language put you off, this is a nice little combo for you to drill on the mats. 

This is one of my favourite positions in Jiu Jitsu, which I discovered when I was living in Stockholm and training with Richard Bohlenius way back in 2003, when I was a blue belt. I say discovered, it was more a case of being swept and submitted for fun off Richard and the senior grades, but after a few weeks of being smashed, Richard shared with me his knowledge of this position and I've been using these gems ever since.

This position was all the rage back in 2003, just as the Berimbolo is for every white belt on the planet, but it's a postiion that's stil as deadly now in 2014 as it was back then eleven years ago.

Enjoy the video and let me hear from you if you hit these off in the gym or at a competition.





No comments: