Thursday 30 September 2010

The last roll of my thirties.......

I arranged this trip to Rio for it to coincide with my 40th birthday and before you know it, I'm on the last few hours of time as a thirty year old; trained at the evening class tonight and Leozinho was on teaching duties. After the usual warm up, we went through a couple of sweeps from when the opponent stands up to pass guard and then it was straight into free training.

So my last rolls as a 39 year old lay ahead and I had a motley crew of opponents (only kidding guys); I rolled with a few blue belts, two purple belts and the last roll of the night was with a brown belt by the name of Leonardo Paciello and we had a right royal tear up, photo below taken after we clashed on the mats :)



A fine way to end a decade of training, I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow..........

No comments: