Friday 10 September 2010

MMA legend Wallid Ismail in Connection Rio!




Dennis Asche has pulled out all the stops since I came to Rio; possessing an eye watering amount of contacts in Rio, Dennis has already lined me up some awesome interview opportunities with some of the biggest names in BJJ, plus a number of hardcore old school BJJ players (at my request) from way back in the day, as I am fascinated to hear what the old guys have to say about BJJ in the 50's and 60's.

I had an interview lined up with Wallid Ismail this morning, but he couldn't make it due to meetings all day, as he prepares the next Jungle Fight Championship event, September 18th, in Sao Paolo. Hours later, before evening class, Wallid went out of his way to come and see me at the house and I had a quick chat with Wallid before he left for other business meetings!

The guy is as cool as they come, very humble and for him to come out of his way to grant l'il old me a quick interview and full of apologies, WOW!!
One interview down, many many more to follow!

No comments: