Saturday 18 January 2020

Third Dan Traditional Jiu Jitsu training underway...

It's been twenty years since I was graded to second Dan in Traditional Jiu Jitsu up in Bolton by Trevor Roberts and since I moved down to London, I've been looking for a decent place to carry on training.

Sadly, finding anywhere decent has been a struggle and I put it to the back of my mind and forgot about it for about 18 months; at the back end of 2018, I met Adrian Starr at a seminar in Coventry and through this Shorinji Kempo instructor, I was invited to teach at one of his multi style seminars in 2019 and it was there I met Colin Foster from Zentai Ju Jitsu in Gosport.

This led to Colin and I becoming friends and after both Colin and Adrian attended one of my Saturday classes at Wimbledon BJJ, I contacted Colin and asked him if he could help me get back into training Trad JJ and prepare for my third Dan grading.

Colin gracefully accepted and at 10am this morning, my training began at Colin's dojo in Portsmouth, bringing along one of my blue belts George to be my uke.


The two hour session flew by and we only covered half the throws required for the grading, so lots of hard work and more visits ahead, but we will get there at some point this year.

Huge thanks to Adrian for inviting me to teach for him, otherwise all of this would have never happened and to Colin and his students for taking me on board and lastly to George for being a great uke.

Ooos!

No comments: