Saturday 16 May 2015

London Fight Factory!

As most of you know, I've been suffering with a back spasm since early last year and to say it's hampered my training is an understatement; I've been able to teach and hobble round the mats, but not been able to train properly for over a year and it's been one of the hardest and darkest times of my Jiu Jitsu career.

Add to this having to work long hours at work at the weekend on my feet all night, I seriously thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel. 

Well, I'm pleased to say that enough is enough and I've left the security work for the time being and after six weeks of relaxing, my back is back to as normal as it can be, but more importantly spasm and pain free.


So what better way to celebrate this new state of affairs, than with a trip to London Fight Factory today for the afternoon class.  And what a class!

Tough. Relentless. Challenging. Fun.

After a quick warm up, we covered specific drills then went into three seven minute rounds of rolling and finished with an epic twelve minute round.  In at the deep end and I'm happy to say I had no trouble with my back whatsoever.  Typing this now, after a few hours I'm still in one piece walking upright for the first time in months, to say I'm happy is an understatment.  It was a tough session, my timing and cardio are all out, but that's to be expected, the main thing I finished the whole class and am pain free.

Thanks to Luiz for a great class, Ashley, Dan, Ron, Ennrique for the rolls and to all the LFF crew for an awesome session and to my student Ron Roy for coming down and joining in the fun.

Onward and upward!

No comments: