Thursday 11 February 2016

Bon voyage Sakuraba!

Typing this message today with a little sadness in my heart, as I and my students say goodbye to one of my students Jong Hee Kim (first left in photo) who heads back to South Korea on Saturday. Kim has been here with his family for about a year and was living in Wimbledon and joined the gym when numbers were low and stayed with us throughout his stay, training every week. 


I am very honoured and humbled that Kim decided to stay and train during this time when there are more established gyms in the area. Anyone that rolled with Kim will agree that he has one of the strongest grips, once he had your collar you were toast! We are all going to miss you, the place won't be the same without you.

We all had a lot of fun training and joking and learning about his home country and it shows that Jiu Jitsu is for everyone and as Genki Sudo says, 'we are all one.' 

Safe journey home Sakuraba and keep in touch. Ooosss!


No comments: